Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Mini Album

Hello everyone!  I hope you all are having a fabulous week.  I have a mini album I would like to share with you.  I love the idea of mini albums, especially as gifts.  This is the first one I have ever done.  I wanted to cut it into a cute shape but ran into some trouble.  My cricut did not seem to want to cooperate and cut my chipboard.  If anyone has any tips on how to cut chipboard, I would greatly appreciate them.  I finally gave up and made a boring 8x8 square mini album.

I made this album for Melody Unger.  I went to college with her parents, Lois and Kaleb.  Lois and I were in the same social sisterhood.  Little Miss Melody is a miracle baby.  Due to health problems that Lois was having, she was born at twenty three weeks.  Melody joined this world in May at 10 inches and only 13 ounces.  Lois and Melody's fight to become healthy again was a long one.  Melody spent months in the NICU and Lois had some severe complications.  On October 3, Melody finally got to go home with her parents.  Things were looking up for the Unger family.  However, on October 11th, Lois' health took a turn for the worse and on the 15th she passed away.  I wanted Melody to have something for pictures of her and her mom.  So, I am sending the album to Kaleb so he can add pictures and journal memories.











Items Used:
Pooh & Friends Cricut Cartridge
Elegant Edges Cricut Cartridge
Baby Steps Cricut Cartridge
New Arrival Cricut Cartridge
Simply Charmed Cricut Cartridge
Journaling sheets from Michaels
Chipboard
Crop-a-dile
Ribbon
Various punch out embellishments

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful rest of the day!

3 comments:

  1. This is adorable. I am sure the recipient will love it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry about the loss of your friend. I'm sure her family will treasure this beautiful and thoughtful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im sorry to hear about the loss of your friend, but that such a sweet mini Im sure it will be loved foreve.

    ReplyDelete