Tuesday, August 9, 2011

My First Home Decor Project

Happy Tuesday everyone!  I hope you had a fabulous weekend, mine was good but super busy.  I almost needed another day to just recuperate.  My sister is getting married this fall and her bridal shower is Sunday.  I wanted to give her and her fiance something a little more personal than a typical shower gift.  I took some of their engagement photos and made the following project:


 I am so happy with the way it turned out.  Here is what I did.  I used tea dye distress ink to darken the paper a bit before I put it on my mat.  I went through the cartridges I had looking for flower cuts that would be easily layered to create a 3-D effect.  The images I used came from Calligraphy, Forever Young, Gypsy Wanderings, and Walk in My Garden.  Once I found the flowers, I cut images starting at 2" and decreasing in 0.25 increments until I reached 0.5".  Here are my cut outs:


 I then proceeded to layer the flowers so it looked like this:



I found that I had so many cuts, I did not need to add more dimension to the flowers so I used glue and not pop dots to hold them together. After that, I proceeded to put things where I wanted and then inserted the page into the frame.  Here are a few close ups.




I hope you enjoyed my first home decor project.  Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment