Wednesday, July 25, 2012

PKS Sketch


Hello everyone!  What a crazy couple of weeks it has been.  The last couple of months a lot has been going on in my personal life and there have been a lot of changes in my life.  I play a lot of different roles in my life, wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend, and Army wife.  The last six months of my life the Army Wife role has become my main role.  Our family has been gearing up for another deployment.  As a deployment survivor, I would like to say that it gets easier. However, it does not get easier to say goodbye to your best friend for the next year.  For the past two months, my husband has been gone training, gearing up for his deployment.  Recently, he had his last four day pass and we said our goodbyes which we like to call our "see you laters".  We sat at the airport until his plane took off  (a ritual of ours).  I watched his son, tears streaming down his face, say goodbye to his father.  He is now old enough to understand what it means when dad gets deployed and my heart broke as I watched him not want to let go of his father.  As for me, I am tough and fiercely independent. As an Army Wife, I have to be.  I am no stranger to my husband leaving; training, inspections, state emergency duty, schools, etc.  I can't remember a time in our marriage where has not been gone for a significant part of the year at some point.  He has missed more anniversaries, birthdays, and holidays than he has been there for but it's our life and I love my husband.  I would not have it any other way.  As I work through this and adjust, this part of my life might be getting a little less attention.  I will still be crafting just might not be as much as I have in the past.  I did manage to pull myself out of my deployment slump today and make my first Christmas card of the year.  I absolutely LOVE the Peachy Keen Kut Outs.  They are so easy to cut out and color.

Pin It




Items Used:
Silhouette Cameo
Sizzix Big Kick
Copic Markers
Peachy Keen Kut Outs
My Creative Time: Gift Card Sentiments
Stickles
Chalk

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful week!

6 comments:

  1. what a cute card Love the sparkly snowflakes and the mix of the pattern papers!~ awesome job !! Thanks so much for linking up in the challenge at Peachy Keen this week !!!

    Michelle- DT
    www.scrappinwithmybug.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Megan, thank you and your wonderful hubby for the sacrifices your whole family makes so that we can live in this country and experience so many blessings! My heart hurts for you...seeing your son go through that has to be so hard. I hope that this deployment is over quickly and you have your sweet family back together very soon.
    Oh...your card is adorable! I almost forgot to comment after reading your post! I'm pretty new to the Peachy Keen stamps and don't have that cute little guy-thinking I may have to add him to my collection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You card is fabulous...I too love the Peachy Cutouts!! Most importantly...please thank your husband for me for his service, and thank you for supporting him. Our country wouldn't be what it is without families like yours. Hang in there :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet penguin, love the glitz on his hat. So grateful for your husband. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing your heart. Thank you for sharing your husband with America. I appreciate you and him. Your card is adorable! I'm glad you are back to creating.
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com
    cccscraproom@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Megan, what an incredible testimony to your marriage! I'd say you are doing as well as anyone could even hope and I am so grateful for your husband and families like yours that have to endure these deployments. I just love your Penguin and am so happy you were able to link up this week! :)

    ReplyDelete