Sunday, July 8, 2012

PKS #25 - Chalk It Up


Hello everyone!  I got to spend almost all day playing with my craft stuff. I've been having a lot of problems with my Cuttlebug.  It just would not cut my dies very well and the embossing was turning out pretty poor.  So, I went to Joann's and bought a Sizzix Big Kick instead.  My dies now cut like a dream!  I was not excited that my Cuttlebug quit working but I was excited that the dies are not the problem.
For my card tonight, the base was cut at 4"x5.5".  The border is an SVG from the Silhouette Store and the turtle is a Peachy Keen SVG.  I colored the cute little turtle with chalk.  I had never tried this before, and was a bit nervous but it was super easy to do. I used cosmetic applicators to brush the color on and once I had finished I sprayed it with hairspray so the chalk wouldn't come off.  To finish him up, I added glossy accents to the eyes and heat embossed my sentiment.

Pin It

Items Used:
Peachy Keen: June SOTM
My Creative Time: Happy Mail
Embossing Distress Ink
Sizzix Big Kick
Chalk
Glossy Accents
Heat Gun

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful night!

7 comments:

  1. Love your card Turtles are soooo cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute little turtle..that face goes perfect with the sentiment :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, your card is simply darling!! Thanks for joining us at Peachy Keen Stamps..

    Scrappy hugs,
    Amanda :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww how super cute! Thanks so much for playing along with us at PeachyKeen!

    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  5. Megan, your turtle card is ADORBS! Love that patterned paper and the pop of yellow! Great job and thanks for playing along with us at PKS!

    Hugs,
    Lorie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear about your cuttlebug :( Darling turtle and colored so nicely with the chalk.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute card!! I LOVE that stamp!!
    Thanks For Playing with us @ PKS!!
    TFS!! Take Care!!
    Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete