Friday, June 3, 2011

Peachy Keen Sketch Challenge with a Twist #53

I was so excited to see for this weeks Peachy Keen Sketch challenge your project had to include a sponging technique.  Last weekend, while wedding planning for my sister I talked her into possibly using distress ink for her thank you notes.  However, at the time I had never used it.  I did find some great videos on several different techniques to try out.  When I saw the challenge this week was to incorporate a sponging technique, I played around with water splotching.  Here is the challenge and the sketch:


THE CHALLENGE
Sketch Challenge with a TWIST

1.  Create a card based on the layout AND twist provided (Peachy Keen Stamps are not required for this challenge, but if you got 'em, we always love to see what you create with them!) 
2.  Project must include basic elements from provided sketch & a sponging technique (here is a great tutorial from Splitcoast Stampers if you haven't tried it before.)
3.  Link up your creation before June 13th (actual deadline is June 13th @ 2 a.m. Central Time)



This is what I came up with:




I used Quarter Note for the music note and Birthday Bash for both circles.  The background was done with Tim Holtz distress ink (Pumice Stone and Worn Lipstick).  As for the stamps, the face came from Peachy Keen's Wide Eyed Kids Assortment and the sentiment came from My Creative Time's Just a Little Note to Say set.  Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. I love your background! The colors are so pretty! Great job with the PK sketch! Good luck and thanks for the tutorial link. I am off to see how it is done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops no link. I will do a search. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete